Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Estoy enferma en España

So, I'm a little bit sick. Nothing awful--sore throat, stuffy nose, chills--the usual. Seems like it's been going around our program and it could even be changes in weather, etc. I'm doubling up on vitamins, drinking lots of water and trying to get lots of sleep so I should be fiiiiiiine.

Our overnight trip to Chiclana ended up being a lot of fun because we just got to hang out all together. The weather didn't cooperate, so we only made it to the beach briefly, but we had an awesome hotel room and honestly I was happy to just play games and visit. Coulda used some sun though--I still look shockingly white in photos.

Classes are going well so far and I think I've finally figured out what I'm taking! I think my schedule will work out well--keeps me busy but not too busy. Here's my typical week:

Monday:
10-12--Helping with English classes at a High School
1-2:30--El Mundo Actual: A history course about the world after WWII (I'm taking this now instead of the other regular University class I was going to take.)

Tuesday:
11-1--Cine: This class has been great so far--the professor is really cool and I think we'll be watching some great stuff.
1-2:30--Mundo
3:30-6:30--Español para Negocios: Still don't know how useful this class will be to me since I'm not a business major or anything even close, but it's fun.

Wednesday:
1-2--Mundo
3-6--Democracia and Dictadura: Love this one so far! I've already learned a lot about the Spanish political system (you know I'm a nerd and love that stuff!)
6:30-8:30--Cooking classes!

Thursday:
11-1--Cine

Then nothing the rest of the day because most weekends I'm traveling and if I'm not...well, I guess I just get long, relaxing weekends.

In less than 24hrs, I'll be in Paris! I'm willing myself to get better faster so I don't sneeze on the Mona Lisa...

Pictures and stories when I get back!

p.s. The times on these entries are totally wrong. I tried to fix it but it doesn't work. Just so you know.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

muchacha-
donde es pollo soupa?
Feel better soon.
Love Auntie Lissa

Judi said...

Girlfriend -- take care of yourself, how was Paris, how is the food (you never being that adventurous eater). Another post soon.