Saturday, September 1, 2007

Estoy aquí!

Hola!

So we arrived in Sevilla today and were immediately taken to our homes by our señoras. The woman I'm living with is named Gloria. She is very nice and actually speaks a little bit of English because her daughter lives in the U.S. now. I told her my Spanish needs some improving and she said we can help each other. Her apartment is very nice and I'm told were close to the university and the center of the city though I haven't actually seen much of it--I'm hoping to explore later today. And here's a crazy coincidence: Gloria has a cat named Lily!

I'm eager to get settled in here and start to get a feel for Sevilla. Madrid was a lot of fun but it felt like a field trip where everyone was constantly battling jetlag. I did see some incredible art at The Prado and the Reina Sofia museums--Picasso's Guernica is so different up close than it looks in textbooks! We also toured El Palacio Real--a ridiculously ornate palace that no one lives in anymore. I'm sure there was plenty we missed in Madrid but they kept us pretty busy(somehow our meals took about as long as museum tours!) and we were probably too tired to handle much else.

I'm going to start unpacking now and hopefully get out into Sevilla for a bit before dinner. I should have some pictures from Madrid up pretty soon and my first impressions of the city.

Hasta luego!

6 comments:

Laura said...

yay!! keep the updates coming - i think i'm finally un-jetlagged so hopefully you feel the same too. <3 and miss you.

Dad & Mom said...

Love the blog keep it coming will talk soon

love m & d

Grouchy Grandpa said...

already I miss you. what a fantastic adventure you have begun.please stay in touch with me.

ilove you amy

grandpa

sarahkate said...

hola Amy! te extrano! I'm so jealous that you have a kitty to play with :) sounds like you're having fun though! I hope dinner was sabrosa! I met a muy guapo moreno today when I was perdido...haha have fun & write more soon! <3

Unknown said...

hi amy- what a great idea! I feel like I'm on the trip with you
love,
Aunt Lissa

Aunt Beth said...

No WAY! A cat named Lilly! Small world.

LOVE YOU!